The DSU has written reports for a number of NICE Technology Appraisals in the disease area rheumatoid arthritis (RA):
- Rheumatoid arthritis – adlimumab, etanercept, infliximab, certolizumab pegol, golumumab, abatacept and tocilizumab [in progress, ID537]
- TA247 Tocilizumab for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (rapid review of TA198) (February 2012)
- TA198 Tocilizumab for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (August 2010) replaced by TA247
- Rheumatoid arthritis – adlimumab, etanercept and infliximab (sequential use) (suspended)
- TA130 Adalimumab, etanercept and infliximab for the treatment of rheuatoid arthritis (October 2007)
ADALIMUMAB, ETANERCEPT, INFLIXIMAB, CERTOLIZUMAB PEGOL, GOLIMUMAB, ABATACEPT AND TOCILIZUMAB
Further documents on this Technology Appraisal can be accessed here, including the DSU’s response to comments on the above report.
TOCILIZUMAB (RAPID REVIEW)
Tocilizumab for the treatment of rheumatoic arthritis (September 2011)
TA198 Tocilizumab for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (August 2010) replaced by TA247
ADALIMUMAB, ETANERCEPT AND INFLIXIMAB (SEQUENTIAL USE)
Rheumatoid arthritis – adalimumab, etanercept and infliximab (sequential use) (suspended)
S Lloyd, S Bujkiewicz, A Wailoo, A Sutton, D Scott. The effectiveness of anti-TNF-a therapies when used sequentially in rheumatoid arthritis patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Rheumatology 2010; Vol 49 (12): 2313-2321.